Flexible, friendly and trustworthy volunteer needed to deliver library materials for our homebound residents program. Applicants must:
• Possess a valid driver’s license, vehicle and vehicle insurance coverage
• Have good, general geographic knowledge of the Barrington area
• Be willing to drive to homes in the library district to drop off and pick up library materials for homebound patrons
• Volunteer during hours needed: approximately 1 hour, 1-2 times per month (this can be coordinated with your own visits to the library)
• Have basic familiarity with Barrington Area Library services and processes as a patron.
To apply for these volunteer positions, please complete the volunteer application (PDF) and return via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A representative may contact only the volunteer applicants that meet our current criteria.
Please be aware of the following important items:
- All accepted volunteers age 18 and older are required to satisfactorily complete a criminal background check prior to starting volunteer work.
- Volunteers are not paid positions and are not a promise for paid positions.
- The Barrington Area Library does not accept volunteers for community service hours, under the age of 16 or for special needs cases due to the independent nature of the projects.