November 1, 2013 - Ever wish you had someone who could help you at home with your computer, smartphone, tablet, or other device? The Barrington Area Library is pleased to introduce Judy West and Mary Kay Lauderback, Barrington residents who founded JMK Simple Solutions to help you with all your technology challenges. Watch their video to learn more, and contact them directly at 847-370-1238 or www.jmksimplesolutions.com.Add a comment
November 25, 2013 - Harper College's Workforce and Economic Development department has a variety of workshops for job seekers during the month of December! Pre-registration is required for all events. No walk-ins will be accepted. To register, please visit: http://harpercollege-at-wed-division.eventbrite.com/.
Workshops & descriptions:
October 29, 2013 - The Barrington Area Library will host "What Small Business Must Know About the Affordable Care Act" workshop together with the Barrington Area Chamber of Commerce and SCORE Chicago on November 18, 2013. This workshop will take place at 7 pm at the Barrington Village Hall (200 S. Hough Street, Barrington, IL 60010). Parking is available in the lot on the west side of the Village Hall.
Please click here to attend this free session. Space is limited!
We look forward to seeing you there!Add a comment
October 10, 2013 - For those who were unable to attend the internet marketing workshop on September 25, here is a recording of the presentation:Add a comment
Free training workshop. Learn how to target companies, customers and employers using ReferenceUSA, one of our most popular and powerful online services. Official trainer Bob Zielinski leads this valuable session that will help you grow your business or reach your career goals. Register.
Thursday, October 24, 7 PM
Barrington Hills Village Hall, 112 Algonquin Road, Barrington Hills.
October 2, 2013 - From the Arlington Heights WorkNet Center:
Workforce & Economic Development has a variety of workshops available for the month of October! Download a flyer with all the necessary workshop, location and contact information. Pre-registration is required for all events. No walk-ins will be accepted. To view the events, please visit: http://harpercollege-at-wed-division.eventbrite.comAdd a comment
Did you know that you can upload resumes and cover letters to the Adult Learning Center and have them reviewed within 24 hours? Create an account, upload documents, wait, then log back in and download feedback. Here's how in detail:Add a comment
Harper College Career Stimulus is offering a free program on September 27, 2013 (registration in advance required: http://harpercollege-at-wed-division.eventbrite.com/). View all details and program invitation by clicking here.Add a comment
Check out the Wall Street Journal's guide to finding recruiters in your niche to help with a job search. Also helpful are their links to guides on identifying hiring industries, building relationships with recruiters, and working with executive recruiters.
Forbes magazine has seven tips for perfecting your resume.
Mashable just posted "4 Easy Ways to Stay Prepared for a Job Search".
US News & World Report offers some advice on conquering interview jitters.Add a comment
Harper College will be hosting a Job Fair on Friday, October 4, 2013 from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
This event is FREE and open to the public. The Job Fair will be in Building M, Wellness and Sports Center, Lower Level.
Gain the competitive edge...
Visit harpercollege.edu/jobfair to:
- Research participating employers
- View the career Center's online workshop Preparing for a Job Fair
- Discover the best way to dress for success
- Review current tips and sample resumes
- Participating employers must have a position open to exhibit at the Job Fair
- Opportunities are available for full- and part-time positions, as well as internships
- Prepare a list of questions for employers that are of interest to you
- Bring plenty of resumes; professional attire is strongly recommended
Questions? Call Harper College at 847.925.6720
Sponsored by the Harper College Career Center in collaboration with Township School District 211 and Schaumburg, Palatine and Hoffman Estates Chambers of Commerce.Add a comment
- Barrington Business: Frantonio's Italian Deli and Cafe
- Upcoming Business Workshop: Master Internet Marketing
- Barrington Business: Clarke's Bakery & Deli
- Show your library card for great deals and discounts!
- "Obstacles and Opportunities" - the state of business in IL
- Business plan workshop: 8/28/2013
- Barrington Business: Accelerated Rehabilitation Centers
- Affordable Care Act: Information for Small Businesses
- Business Workshop: How to Get on Page 1 of Google
- Etsy for Business: Wed. July 17, 7pm