Don't Miss This!
DROP OFF OLD ELECTRONICS AT THE BARRINGTON COMMUNITY EXPO SATURDAY, MARCH 9
Gather up all the "retired" electronics from around your home and office and bring them to the Barrington Community Expo this Saturday, March 9 between 10am and noon, when Vintage Tech Recyclers will be accepting used electronics. Drop-off is free and open to the public at the Expo site, Langendorf Park Fitness and Recreation Center, 235 Lions Dr. in Barrington.
Accepted items: computers, wires and cables, scanners, laptops, computer parts, microwave ovens, CRTs and LCDs, battery back-ups, cell phones, monitors, computer mice, CD/VCR/DVD players, printers, keyboards, stereo equipment, TVs, MP3 players, fax machines, PDAs, video game consoles.
Recycling raw materials from end-of-life electronics is the most effective solution to the rapid and ever-growing e-waste problem. Most electronic devices contain a variety of materials that can be recovered for future uses.
Consider these recycling facts:
- In the U.S., 300-400 million electronic items become obsolete every year - but less than 20 percent of that e-waste is recycled.
- The average American household has at least 24 electronic products.
- Recycling one million desktop computers prevents the release of greenhouse gases equivalent to the annual emissions of 16,000 passenger cars.
- By recycling 100 million cell phones, approximately 7,500 pounds of gold could be recovered - allowing that amount of gold to go into new products.
- One metric ton of circuit boards can contain 40 to 800 times the amount of gold and 30 to 40 times the amount of copper mined from one metric ton of ore in the U.S.
- Recycling one million laptops saves the energy equivalent to the electricity used by 3,657 US homes in a year.
Don't add to our already overfilled landfills - there IS a better way to get rid of those old electronics!Join the Barrington Chamber and Vintage Tech Recyclers to help the environment - bring your unwanted electronics to the Barrington Community Expo this Saturday, March 9 from10:00am til noon.
The annual, family themed, admission-free Barrington Expo this year features more than 40 exhibitors, including a health care fair and the Lions Hearing Screening van; family entertainment with a performance by the Bataille Academie of the Danse (11am-noon) and pictures with Elmo; child ID fingerprinting by the Barrington Police Dept.; and concessions by Francesca's Famiglia.
Along with plenty of raffles, giveaways, and prizes, everyone who visits the Expo is eligible to register for a chance to win a $500 Barrington-area shopping spree.
For information about the Expo, visit www.barringtonchamber.com or call Christina Keeley, 847-381-2525 or email email@example.com. For more information about Vintage Tech Recyclers and recycling services, visit www.vintagetechrecyclers.com
The Barrington Community Expo is proudly presented by the Barrington Area Chamber of Commerce