The Barrington Area Library has a new way to request items that are not owned by the Barrington Area Library. This new system is integrated with our online catalog, making it easier than ever for you to request items and manage your requests. Ready to start searching? Go to our online catalog. If we do not have what you need, change your search settings from "Search Barrington Area Library" to "Interlibrary Loan (WorldCat)."
Please keep in mind the following:
- The service is offered to all Barrington Area Library card holders.
- Most libraries will not loan new items (six months old or less).
- Many libraries do not loan audiovisual materials.
- There is a limit of 10 items in process per card (this includes items that are in your possession).
- You will automatically receive an email when the item arrives.
- Items will be held at your specified delivery location for seven days.
- Due dates are determined by the lending library. Renewals are at the discretion of the lending library.
- Allow 7-10 days for an ILL item to be received.