December 1, 2014-
Happy first day of the Barrington Area Library's winter entrepreneur series! Throughout December, January, and February we will have workshops, podcasts, and information focusing on inspiration and information for the entrepreneur. Here is just a sampling of what you can expect these next few months:
1) Workshops and programs from starting a business to marketing yourself. Make sure to register for tomorrow's workshop: Exploring Business Ownership and Franchise Opportunities. You can see other upcoming business programs in the winter newsletter.
2) Recommended reads and articles for the small business owner, solopreneur, and start-up professional.
3) Podcasts with local entrepreneurs and small business owners. Listen and learn to the ideas, inspiration, and tips from people who took the leap and started their own business.
Make sure to check this blog regularly for posts that will help you make your way up the entrepreneur ladder!
Questions? Contact Barbara Alvarez, the Business Liaison Librarian, at the Barrington Area Library at 847.382.1300 x3070 or firstname.lastname@example.orgAdd a comment
November 28, 2014-
Throughout the months of December, January, and February, attend workshops, programs, and resources specifically for budding entrepreneurs and small business owners.
On December 2nd at 7:00 pm attend the workshop Exploring Business Ownership and Franchise Opportunities for New Entrepreneurs co-hosted with SCORE Chicago. Compare the advantages and disadvantages of starting your own business vs buying an existing business or franchise. John McLellan, President of FranNet's Chicago branch, discusses demographic trends, finding the best business for you, and financing options.Add a comment
November 26, 2014-
This Saturday, November 29th support Barrington businesses by shopping locally for Small Business Saturday. As described on the Barrington Village website, "Small Business Saturday is a national movement that marks a day to support the local businesses that create jobs, boost the economy, and preserve neighborhoods around the country." Make sure to check out our Business: It's Better in Barrington video series for information on local Barrington businesses!Add a comment
November 21, 2014-
Harper College's Workforce and Economic Development Center is providing free workshops this December for professionals. Registration is required for all events and no on-site registration will be available. You can look at upcoming programs and workshops here.Add a comment
November 20, 2014-
In the latest addition to our Business: It's Better in Barrington series, Insignia Kitchen & Bath Design share their showroom and discuss their design possibilities!
Add a comment
November 16, 2014-
Tomorrow, November 17 at 7:00 PM, the Barrington Area Library will be hosting the invaluable workshop Business Plan: Essential Roadmap, co-sponsored with SCORE Chicago. This workshop covers the essential elements of business plan development, including setting goals and objectives, preparing marketing and financial plans and defining action steps to attain your goals. Register here.
Add a comment
November 11, 2014-
Think Big, Go Local, a digital marketing agency based in the Chicago area, is offering a free webinar on Wednesday, November 12 at 3:00 PM CST. Reputation Marketing: Is Your Reputation Helping or Hurting Your Business? will discuss how you can use your online ratings to get more customers, boost your SEO, and improve existing relationship with clients. Register here.Add a comment
November 8, 2014-
Georgio's Pizzeria & Pub will be hosting a lunch and learn: Five Keys to a Healthy Life on November 11th at 11:30 am. The cost is $15 for pizza, salad, non-alcoholic beverage and conversation. Register here.
Add a comment
November 6, 2014-
Did you know that you can subscribe to email alerts for the latest business books that the library orders? It's easy- just fill out the form here. You can also see what are the latest business book arrivals here.Add a comment
November 5, 2014-
There's still room to join tonight's workshop: Connect Using Google+ Hangouts. Learn to "Hangout" online with your most important connections. Google+ Hangouts is completely free, and you can chat live with up to 10 people at a time. Librarians Gwyn and Barbara show you how to set up an account, find connections, and improve your Hangout with provided features. Register here.
Meet in the Zimmerman Room at 7:00 PM tonight!Add a comment
- Free Marketing Jumpstar Workshop
- Read Business Periodicals Online with Business Source Complete!
- Library Resources for Job Seekers
- Small Business Social Media Boot Camp November 2014
- Fundamentals of Face to Face Networking
- Financial Bootcamp and Email Marketing 101 Workshop
- Harper College Workforce & Economic Development Workshops - October 2014
- Harper College Workforce & Economic Development Workshops - October
- Your Career Marketing Strategy
- Understanding Your Area of Expertise